Our Time Trial Series kick-off every year in April.
Here is the 2021 schedule:
*Bill Philbrook Memorial 25 Mile Time Trial
±Two up time trial optional, Wigmore solos can ride as normal.
‡Hollingbourne Hill Climb
Events run throughout the summer, all the way up to August, and include 15 and 25 mile tests, amongst the standard 10 mile distances.
As always, Clin will be keeping a log of your rides, and will be determining the overall Champion, the winning Veteran, the Handicap champ, scratch champion, and a whole host of other champions. These will be based on the rider’s best 8 rides throughout the year. Riders are asked to help marshal 2 events during the year. If there are enough helpers from non-racing members then one event may be all you have to do!
The Junior League winner will be won by the rider under 18 with the best four placings from the first six Iwade events.
Points are awarded in the club evening events for the various leagues. Your best eight places count in the Handicap, Scratch and Vets Leagues; with 10 points for 1st position all the way down to 1 point for 10th place.
In the Club Events League, 10 events count, with a massive 20 points for the winner, down to 1 for 20th place.
The Anderson Point’s Trophy competition covers all events, including off-road, road races, time trials and track. The winner in club events gets 10 points. In open races the winner gets 20 points, although if you are competing in an International race then 30 points are yours should you win! Points go down according to your position, so 1 point for finishing in 20th place in any open race event.
Other trophy’s that can be won are as follows:
- Trophies for 10, 15, 25, 50 and 100-mile time trial in both club and open events, to the fastest ride during the season + the furthest distance covered in a 12-hour event.
- Best All-Round (BAR) goes to the rider with the fastest average speed over 25, 50, and 100 mile Time trials..
- Short distance BAR is the rider with the fastest average over 2X10 and 2×25 mile Time Trials.
- Hill Climb Award goes to the fastest rider in the club open hill climb in October.
- Off-Road Award goes on points gained in all events. The Off-Road Secretary organises the points system.
- Road Race Award again goes on a points system, managed by the Road Secretary.
- The Track Champion is awarded by Track Secretary.
- Cyclerama Award is given to the most meritorious ride of the season.
There is also a Touring Award for a noteworthy Tour, Audax or Sportive ride or rider.
- Last but not least, the Clubman/Lady of the Year is awarded to the most worthy person who gave up their own time to help with the running of the club.